Look Good Feel Better Workshops for men
Are you a man living with cancer or do you know a man living with cancer?
If so, we hope the Look Good Feel Better Workshops for men will be of interest!
According to Macmillan, men represent 51% of people diagnosed with cancer, but only 37% of the calls to their helpline are from men. Macmillan recognise that men may find it harder to talk about cancer and this is one of the reasons why Look Good Feel Better has developed its services for men.
Our Skincare and Grooming Workshops not only offer some great practical advice from experts in their field, but also provides a safe place for men to connect with others on a similar journey, talk about what’s going on and share experiences.
We are pleased to confirm we are running a Workshop on Friday, 26th February 1 pm to 3 pm which will be hosted by men’s grooming expert, Mark Sproston, aka the Shave Doctor https://www.shavedoctor.co.uk/
In addition, we are pleased to welcome our guest speaker, Jack Bell, who works for Derby County Football Club Community Trust. Jack will deliver a short talk on:
· The role of physical activity and the importance.
· How physical activity can reduce the side effects of cancer and cancer treatments.
· Showcase examples and ideas of how you can increase exercise levels at home or locally when possible.
Jack works closely with Macmillan and would be more than happy to take some questions after the session and go on to provide further support if needed.
Why not join us with a cuppa for a couple of hours and let us know what you think?
The sessions take place on Zoom so the following is needed:
· Internet connection
· Computer, laptop, tablet or smart phone
· Speakers and a microphone *only needed if you are using a computer or laptop without these built in
· Webcam *only needed if you are using a computer or laptop without a built in camera